Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sept 18th

Today we went to an Art Museum that was really cool. I ended up spending a lot of time on the first floor. Which might have been a mistake, but I really got to take my time seeing the bronze pieces and the sculptures. I was also able to walk through (quickly) painting and calligraphy sections.
We then went to a museum of modern art that was having a biannual event. There were pieces from all over the world, but all shared a common theme which revolved around the People's Square in Shanghai. Most of the pieces followed this theme, but some did not. Such as these awesome dinosaur pieces that we found on the 3rd floor. They were dinosaur bodies that had human torsos, arms and faces grafted on to where their neck should be. I got a lot of great pictures today.

No comments: