Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sep 1 or Sep 2..


Sept 3rd 8:15am:
So yesterday for me was a ton of fun. My bag weighed in under the 50lbs limit at 49.5lbs. I ended up carrying the t-shirts that had been made for the trip and an extra bag. Then it was 50mins from Eugene Or to San Francisco Cal. Then 12hour+ flight from San Francisco Cal. to Beijing China. We got into Beijing at about 2:30pm Sept 2 (11:30pm Sept 1 Oregon time). We flew with a large portion of the US parolympic team and when we got off the flight we were greeted by the mascot of the parolympic games. Which is a cow with multi neon colored appendages and an over sized head that was so big that it had the ability to topple over the person inside of the suit if it fell to much to one side. Of course I got my picture with it. Very tired at this point, but unable to sleep we had a very long drive from the airport to the hostel.
Upon arriving at the hostel I was exhausted from all the traveling, but since It was not late enough to sleep we just hung out and played with the little black cat that resided at the hostel. We would also stare at the 'lucky cricket' that resided in a tiny wicker basket which was then placed in an even larger cage. Though this cricket had to be one of the biggest crickets I had ever seen. Which got me wondering what kind of chirp a cricket that size can produce. We later found out that night, but luckily it did not bother me when I was trying to sleep.

For dinner that night we went to a place about 10mins from where we live and had a huge dumpling dinner. It was so delicious!! We had every kind of dumpling the place had to offer. The ones with meat (I think chicken, though I am still not sure) were my favorite. Probably because they closely resembled pot stickers. After stuffing my face completely I was ready to pass out in my bed from a food coma. Night night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks cool! Enjoy it!